Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lead By Example

I know that everyone, deep down inside of them, has a wish to see some sort of change occur in the world. If you are reading this then you may be particularly interested in the strength/health/fitness portion of the world and what you can do to make a positive impact. Perhaps its winning another contest? Perhaps it's writing a book to educate people about strength? Offering free advice to people who have come to you for help? Or maybe you'll get a training certification and start training people.

Either way, you have to lead by example!

I think this quality lacks the most when we start talking about aspiration, will, drive, and all those other adjectives that describe what it takes to be successful. This is not to say that you have to be a master of everything-that's just not a possibility. But, what I am saying is that if your going to take on someone who has goals of getting strong then you should lead that example in getting strong.

Why is leading by example so important? It inspires us and inspires others. No words, video, audio, seminars etc can have the same effect as someone leading by example. And, in terms of business, if you play the part you'll probably also look the part and that, my friends, is money in the bank.

If you want to give diet advice you don't have to be ripped to shreds but you also shouldn't be eating Big Macs, Frosty's, and a kingdom of Soft Taco's every night.

Some will argue "I don't need to lead by an example, I'm fully capable of forming my own intelligent opinion". Sorry, people need something tangible and stimulating. Intelligence, while important, only gets you so far if you don't have a successful medium to filter it through.

I'm going to go out today, say what I have to say, but do what I have to do in leading by example to adequately relay the message.

Check out this guy here if you want to know about leading by example.

No comments: